Monday 20 May 2013

Why Mondays don't suck at all

I was inspired to write a list of good things about my Monday after I saw some not-very-accurate-but-charming-nevertheless statistics as to why Mondays are not so bad after all.

What made your Monday happy? Here are my reasons:

1) Today is the birthday of a dear friend, Megan Kodi. She is one of the funniest, most beautiful, kind-hearted, friendly and encouraging people I know. She's also incredibly honest and tells me when I am dressed like a retard, which is important in a friendship I think. For some crazy reason, people always confuse us and so I got birthday wishes today as well. But this is for the real birthday girl: happy birthday Megan!
And for old time's sake... Remember this?


2) The sun was shining in Grahamstown today and it was actually warm! Hallelujah!

3) Kisses on my forehead. And having someone that always manages to put a smile on my face. I may blog about this more if I can find a way to make sure my mother can't read this (if you have an overprotective Indian mother you will understand).

4) I understood the importance of acting like a kid at Spur and not ordering real food. Choc brownies + ice-cream + choc hazelnut milkshake = good life choices.


5) Realising that an assignment I thought is due tomorrow is actually due today, going into immediate panic mode, followed by eating many spoonfuls of Nutella (straight to the hips!) and listening to some old Gwen Stefani songs (I don't even like Gwen Stefani!?) while slowly calming down. I finished the assignment on time, and was able to do happy dances in my room where no one could see how strange I look.

6) And songs like this which remind me that Friday and pay day (and Friars) will eventually come around.


No comments:

Post a Comment