Friday 16 August 2013

Knysna


When a long weekend arrives, one cannot simply waste it working. And so with this in my mind I took a trip to Knysna this past weekend with two of my friends from university. I can now tick off 'go on a road trip' from my anti-bucket list.

Knysna is a stunning town in South Africa and it is conveniently close to where I study. The weekend began with a surprise party for Shivani's 21st at Tapas, and ended with a trip to the Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary where actual wolves roamed (this made me very happy!) In between, we squeezed in as much of the pretty sights of Knysna as we could, most of which involved water, whether it was the Knysna Heads, two cliffs facing each other at the entrance to the lagoon (seen in the photo above) or Leisure Isle or Thesen Island or the Red Bridge overlooking the Knysna River.

The beautiful birthday girl
Kelina and Shivani after a few cocktails
Birthday shots!
Shiv and I at the Knysna Heads viewpoint
Overlooking Leisure Isle
Missioning to find the prettiest shells
The Knysna Waterfront
Some of the boats lined up
Adding popcorn to my coffee ice-cream was a genius idea
The Red Bridge, an out of use iron bridge overlooking the Knysna river
They're actually quite normal, I promise
Admiring the sunset at the Red Bridge
One of the wolves at the sanctuary

No comments:

Post a Comment