Thursday 31 October 2013

Staff Appreciation

With just a month left until the season of giving, it's good to see people already getting into the spirit of things. And by that I don't mean the Christmas decorations that were up since August, but the little things that people are doing to help others.

At Rhodes, I live in a residence (mine is Allan Gray House) and together with a few other houses we form a hall, in my case Drostdy Hall. Every year, as a way of showing our appreciation for the catering and cleaning staff in our hall, we give each person a food hamper just in time for the festive season. To collect the food, we compile a list of food needed and each house competes to collect the most food.

This year, the house that collected the most food was Allan Gray, which made me really proud as it's always good to see people rally together to do something nice for someone else (and also because I'm super competitive!) 

We handed over the food to the staff and had tea and cake with them, which was delightful because it gave us a chance to serve them for a change. It made me happy to know that I live in a hall filled with so much love, generosity and kindness.

Here are just a few of the buckets of assorted food items collected, as well as some of our staff members. Thank you so much to my friend Cath who took the photos and captured the happy faces and the spirit of the day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment