Sunday 3 March 2013

I won't give this one a title

Something happened yesterday that gave me a reason to NOT smile. In fact I cried a little, but that’s too much info so I won’t go there. I found out that my mom was in hospital and had been there since Tuesday (today is Sunday). 800km away, I had no idea and was not told because no-one wanted me to be stressed and distracted from work (seriously?).

It made me think about how people see me. Am I too focused on things that in the long run might not matter, like the exact colour of the title of this blog? Maybe my family felt this way. Maybe my friends think this too (I promise I love you guys though). So from now ‘til I kick the bucket, I pledge to always remember what brings real smiles: people.

PS. Thankfully, Mommabear is now fine and resting. We had a long chat over the phone and she told me if I had a cup of tea, everything would feel ok. So that’s the plan. Also here is a nice image with a nice quote about tea.

PPS. My grade 5 English teacher hated the word nice. We were banned from using it and forced to find something more descriptive. But sometimes something is just, well, nice


2 comments:

  1. I also wasn't allowed to use the word nice!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Or start a sentence with 'and' or 'but' or 'because'. Which goes to show teachers know squat. WHO JUST SAID THAT????

    ReplyDelete