Sunday 3 March 2013

6 things I'm grateful to hipsters for

I won't lie, living at Rhodes Uni means I am constantly surrounded by skinny jean wearing, latte sipping, English Literature studying, deeply ironic people who say they are not hipsters but actually are (at least, according to the stereotype). And while we may joke about hipsters everywhere, I have many things to thank them for. These are just a few.  

1. Instagram! Taken a shit photo? No worries, add a filter and it’s art. In fact, I used a filter for all the photos below


2. High waisted shorts means being able to eat another doughnut without your tummy showing as well as looking like you have ridiculously long legs.


      3. Dreamcatcher necklaces – I dig these. They also double up as a wall hanging. I'm in the process of making one, so will post photos soon.

4. Tea is now cool. I like all kinds of tea but used to worry that only my granny shared this obsession. And then came hipsters.


5. Thrift stores . I'm Indian ok, if I can’t get it for free then I at least want a bargain. Also that dress/cellphone/sunglasses is not outdated, it's retro.



6. Owls everywhere! Macaroons! Pandas! Hipsters seem to like them and so do I!



PS. I know most lists are usually in multiples of 5 but that’s so mainstream.

3 comments:

  1. your blog is flooping beautiful, girl! good job :D
    also, macarons in Grahamstown? but WHERE?
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay out of the main stream, Carissa, the scenery suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Han, I got them from the I Heart Market at home, but if I see them here I'll be sure to let you know :)

    Gill, I plan to do just that!

    ReplyDelete