Monday 29 April 2013

A beautiful mess

I think everything has the potential to be something better. Is that too optimistic?

Yesterday I went to a rubbish dump for an assignment. There are times when being a journalist can sound exciting and glamorous  This was not one of those times. It's a rubbish dump; a place for leftovers, unwanted goods, dirt. It's where things go when there is no use left for them.
Or is there?

Take a look at what I found in abundance there.
Bottle caps lie scattered among other used hard plastic containers and bottles.

Now look at what they've been collected and used for elsewhere.

The bottles and caps now blow in the wind...
...making a lovely sound as each strand bumps into the rest...
...and adds colour and cheer to an otherwise dull brick building.

I think it's beautiful. 

These are my fellow rubbish dump adventurers, Kgali and Megan. I think they manage to make trekking through a dump look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment