Monday 4 November 2013

I'm not usually a soppy person, I avoid anything remotely romantic and I'm not too fond about people gushing about their other halves. For once I'm going to be completely unlike myself and say that my biggest reason to smile at the moment is James, also known as the boyfriend. After my really crappy exam on Friday, he told me he'd get something for dinner afterwards. I was expecting pizza or a Steers burger. This is what I got instead.


He'd set up a candlelit dinner in his res room (never mind the no candles in res rule) complete with red roses and wine and beef lasagne (my favourite) and cupcakes from Haricots. I was quite overwhelmed, as I really was expecting something like pizza and a chilled night. Then again, James never fails to surprise me. It was the perfect way to celebrate not only the end of my exam, but also six months of us dating. Not a long time, but definitely the most happiness that could possibly be packed in such a short time, and definitely worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment